Get Relief from Your Allergies with AOR!
You know the drill... the snow melts, the sun stays out later, the birds are singing and there are new blooms everywhere in sight. It's finally Spring and everyone is happy... except the seasonal allergy sufferers!
This season, in particular, seems to be one of the worst! We are seeing our customers come in, or call in, every day asking what we can suggest to provide some relief. The good news is that there are natural ways to combat your allergy symptoms and to reduce the severity next year. After all, allergies are an immune response from the body, as a way to get rid of a foreign substance. In this case, we are talking about pollen, dust, mold and anything else that you may come into contact with this season.
These are our top 5 supplements to reduce your allergy symptoms and to give you the comfort to play outside this Spring!
1. Probiotics Probiotics are a great way to boost up your immune system to help keep allergy symptoms at bay. Everyone can benefit from the use of probiotics for healthy digestion and immunity.
2. Quercetin Another natural remedy that has been used for quite a long time. Quercetin has been shown to prevent the release of histamine which is what causes your allergic symptoms like sneezing and itching.
3. EGCG – Green Tea Extract We know green tea for its high antioxidant content but it is surprisingly very strong in preventing allergies to occur. Green Tea Extract has been shown to block the production of histamine, meaning no allergic response to follow.
4. Vitamin C Vitamin C is another vitamin that will prevent the release of histamine (over time). According to the Journal “American College of Nutrition” – High-Dose vitamin C therapy (1-2g/day) may help asthma and allergies, however, it takes a few days of supplementation before Vitamin C starts to lower histamine levels.
5. Vitamin D Vitamin D makes the list at #5 as studies have shown it is important in terms of the development of immune tolerance, which is key in reducing and eradicating allergy symptoms. As Canadians, we do not typically get an adequate amount of Vitamin D naturally, so it is very important to supplement. Allergies are no fun! We hope you take this information and start reducing your symptoms naturally.
Written by: Janette Mason, CNP