Are you looking for some healthy treats this summer? Look no further!
When it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, balance is key. Many of us tend to restrict ourselves around food only to find ourselves overeating the junk food as a way to counteract deprivation. But it doesn't have to be this way!
The key to sticking to a healthy diet for more than a few weeks is to make sure you are actually enjoying it. And the best part? It can be both healthy and enjoyable, by using alternative ingredients that both support your health and satisfy your tastebuds.
You can have your cake and eat it too!
Today Perfect Sports is giving you 3 healthy and delicious summer recipes that you can make from home using whole food ingredients.
What's better than a chocolate donut? A chocolate donut free of refined flour and full of healthy fats! This chocolate delicacy will satisfy any chocolate craving, without the blood sugar crash. High in protein, if you are looking for a post-workout treat; this is it!
- 3/4 cup butter grass-fed
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup cacao
- 3 eggs Free range
- 1/3 cup banana mashed
- 1/2 cup Perfect Sports Triple Rich Dark Chocolate
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 tbsps milk Any type
- Preheat oven to 350F⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Grease your donut pans ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 1/2 cup whey protein powder, 3 tbsp almond flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp xantham gum.⠀
- Melt 3/4 cup butter in the microwave. Stir in the coconut sugar, then the cacao. Mix until smooth.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add in the 3 eggs, one at a time, stirring until smooth. Stir in the 1/3 cup mashed banana.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Gently fold in the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Using a piping bag or zip lock bag on which you will cut one of the corners, gently pipe the dough into the molds. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Swedish Shark Raspberry Chia Jam
It's time to put all that summer fruit to good use with this chia raspberry jam!
Though raspberries are suggested, feel free to substitute for any fruit such as blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries.
No added sugars, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and no added fats either.
The perfect substitute for your regular store-bought jam! Try it on your usual baked goods or in your oatmeal, cream of rice, over fruit or yogurt for guilt-free sweetness and flavor!
- In a pot, bring raspberries and water to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until it has reduced and the raspberries have broken down and become jam-like.
- Add in the Perfect Sports Swedish Shark HyperClear BCAA, chia seeds, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir to combine. The residual heat will activate the chia seeds and become jammy.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Tropical Pineapple Miso Glaze
Want to spice up your BBQ game this summer?
Our sweet and sour tangy Hawaiian Pineapple Candy BCAA is your perfect sidekick, partnering the spice, bite, and umami of miso and ginger.
Miso is fermented soybean paste and is commonly found in some of our favorite Japanese dishes including miso soup. You can find it now at your local grocery store in the Asian aisle but feel free to substitute for a dijon mustard in this recipe if you prefer.
Use this as a marinade, glaze, dressing or condiment for your favorite proteins and meals! Sauteed Shrimp with Pineapple Miso Glaze, Pineapple Miso Grilled Chicken Drumsticks or Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pineapple Miso Dressing are just some of the tasty possibilities!
- In a blender, puree all ingredients together until smooth
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until needed