Four Sigmatic Cordyceps Mushroom Elixir Mix
Cordyceps is an adaptogen, not a stimulant, so it helps you produce and maintain constant energy levels. Coffee can give you an energy spike, followed by a crash; cordyceps, on the other hand, helps your body produce its own long-lasting energy. A compound called cordycepin is an adenosine analogue that increases the speed of ADP (adenosine diphosphate), which transforms into ATP (adenosine triphosphate). This matters because ATPs are coenzymes that transport energy within the cells; more ATPs means more energy … and cordyceps has been shown to increase ATP levels by up to 50 percent!
Cordyceps can also increase maximum oxygen intake (VO2 max). Many asthma sufferers and former smokers experience great results with cordyceps, but all of us can benefit from increased breathing capacity. Cordyceps is believed to remedy fatigue, which is why it has also been used to recover from severe illness and surgeries. It offers the perfect nutrition for people whose energy levels have been depleted over a long period of time, and also works great for athletes recovering from hard workouts.
- The main ingredient in our Cordyceps Elixir is, of course, pure cordyceps mushroom. Each packet includes 1,500 mg of the most potent Cordyceps militaris extract with at least 30 percent polysaccharides (including more than 15 percent beta-glucans) and 0.5 percent adenosine. No starch, sugars, or any fillers … at all.
- To make sure you are able to get the most out of this mushroom, we have dual-extracted it for you. This means that all of the active water- and fat-soluble components have been made bioavailable with boiling water and alcohol, respectively. After removing the alcohol and concentrating the extract, we spray-dry it back to powder.
- We use the cultivated fruiting bodies of Cordyceps militaris, which have been shown in several studies to contain strong pro-sexual, steroidogenic and anti-fatigue compounds. We don’t use caterpillars in our production methods, and our product is suitable for vegans.
- Harmonizing and naturally sweet licorice brings a unique touch to the cordyceps mushroom. Licorice is used in more formulations than any other herb in Chinese herbalism because of its ability to enhance and smooth out the effects of other herbs and mushrooms. There are 200 mg of licorice root extract in each packet (which contains less than 0.9 mg of glycyrrhizin acid).
- Delicious peppermint leaf is in the combo for a nice touch to the taste and for its soothing effects on the stomach.
- We’ve always held these beautiful, deep red Vitamin C bombs close to our heart. As kids, we used to take the “itching powder” from inside of the fruits; later on, we started eating them as an energizing roadside snack. We wanted to include them with our mushrooms to increase absorption. Each packet has 15 mg of natural Vitamin C from the rose hip extract (25 percent RDI), which makes it easier for your body to take in the mushrooms.
- We add a pinch of stevia leaf extract for calorie-free sweetness. This mix is composed of less than 1 percent stevia because our stevia is a high-quality concentrated extract without any metallic aftertaste.
Directions: Add one packet to 8 fluid oz. of hot water, or blend it into your favorite smoothie. Drink this beverage while participating in sports to prevent fatigue and speed up recovery. Drink one packet per day.