Four Sigmatic Mushroom Hot Cacao Mix with Reishi
The unique combo of herbs and spices in this hot cocoa is designed to help you wind down and enjoy life to the fullest. Besides being delicious and easy to use, cacao and chocolate drinks are a traditional way to ingest “medicines.” (Now, that’s some good news, right?) Having your herbs and mushrooms with cacao makes them even more effective!
Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum), the main active ingredient in Mushroom Hot Cacao with Reishi, is nature’s ultimate anti-stress tonic. Reishi can balance an overactive hormone system and improve sleep quality. Cinnamon and cardamom balance blood-sugar levels, aid in digestion, and kill sweet cravings. Cacao is an effective mood enhancer, antioxidant source, and comfort food.
- Often called “the queen of mushrooms,” reishi calms you down and ensures better sleep by naturally regulating the hormonal system and lowering cortisol levels. The use of reishi mushrooms dates back more than 4,000 years and, to this day, it is one of the most widely used medicinal mushrooms in the world. Reishi is so popular because of its power to balance us physically, mentally, and spiritually.
- Each packet contains 500 mg of log-grown red reishi mushroom dual-extract, with at least 30 percent polysaccharides (more than 15 percent beta-glucans) and 2 percent triterpenes. No starch, sugars, or any fillers … at all.
- Cacao is an effective mood enhancer, an antioxidant source, and a perfect delivery system for herbs and mushrooms because it opens up the capillaries. About 50 percent of each packet is composed of this smooth, flavorful, minimally processed cacao powder, grown in the volcanic soils of Indonesia.
- Coconut palm sugar is a mineral-rich alternative to refined sugars, and it has an exceptionally low glycemic index (GI). It is made by boiling down the sap of the coconut palm, the maple syrup of the tropics. One serving contains only 2.5 grams of coconut palm sugar—just enough to create a nice texture and a hint of sweetness. To put this in perspective, this amount compares to about one-tenth of the sugar in one banana!
- Believed by some to be a panacea, cinnamon sure is an amazing medicinal plant that is indisputably effective for balancing blood-sugar levels. Its sweet and pungent flavor stimulates the taste buds to complement the fullness of cacao and leave you perfectly satisfied and without any lingering sweet cravings.
- We add a pinch of stevia leaf extract for calorie-free sweetness to round out the extreme bitterness of the reishi. This mix is composed of less than 1 percent stevia because our stevia is a high-quality concentrated extract without any metallic aftertaste.
Directions: Drink espresso-style by adding one packet to 3 fluid oz. of hot water. Drink one or two packets per day.