Four Sigmatic Reishi Mushroom Elixir Mix
Along with ginseng and cannabis, reishi mushrooms are one of the most researched “herbs” in the world. Reishi mushrooms are often called “the queen of mushrooms” due to their amazing body- and mind-balancing properties. This ancient mushroom drink helps you calm down and ensures better sleep by naturally regulating the hormonal system and lowering cortisol levels. The use of reishi mushrooms dates back more than 4,000 years and, to this day, it is one of the most widely used medicinal mushrooms in the world. Reishi is so popular because of its power to balance us physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Reishi mushrooms increase the amount of and enhance the quality of deep, slow-wave sleep. The triterpenes support and balance the endocrine system, which accounts for its hormonal-balancing effects. When your hormonal system is functioning at an optimal level, your body can relax and recover during the night like it is supposed to.
- The main ingredient in our Reishi Elixir is, of course, pure log-grown reishi mushroom! This elixir contains 1,000 mg of the most potent red reishi extract with at least 30 percent polysaccharides (more than 15 percent beta-glucans) and 2 percent triterpenes. It contains no starch, sugars, or any fillers at all.
- To ensure you are able to get the most out of this inedible, woody mushroom, we have dual-extracted it for you. This means that all of the active water- and fat-soluble components have been made bioavailable with boiling water and alcohol, respectively. After removing the alcohol and concentrating the extract, we spray-dry it back to powder.
- We only use the fruiting bodies of red reishi that are the most potent strain of many different species of Ganoderma. The mushrooms are grown in real linden logs cut from the wild forest, which ensure proper nutrition so that the reishi mushrooms are as effective as possible. We don’t use the mycelium (or “roots” of the mushroom), but, rather, allow it to concentrate all of its power into the actual mushrooms before taking them through our state-of-the-art dual-extraction process that even Chinese emperors would be jealous of.
- Harmonizing and naturally sweet licorice root goes hand-in-hand with the reishi mushroom. Licorice is used in more formulations than any other herb in Chinese herbalism because of its ability to enhance and smooth out the effects of other herbs and mushrooms. Each packet of Reishi Elixir includes 175 mg of licorice root extract (and less than 0.7 mg of glycyrrhizin acid).
- Star anise is a traditional and well-known spice and healing herb. We find its flavor to blend well with the other ingredients in this mix. Not only that, but it also has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties. We only use the safe species Illicium verum, and not the toxic Japanese star anise.
- Delicious peppermint leaf is in the combo for a nice touch to the taste and for its soothing effects on the stomach.
- We add a pinch of stevia leaf extract for calorie-free sweetness to round out the extreme bitterness of the reishi. This mix is composed of less than 1 percent stevia because our stevia is a high-quality concentrated extract without any metallic aftertaste.
Directions: Add one packet to 8 fluid oz. of hot water, or blend it into your favorite smoothie. Drink this beverage while participating in sports to prevent fatigue and speed up recovery. Drink one packet per day.