DoMatcha Organic Summer Harvest 30 g
DōMatcha®’s Summer Harvest Organic is harvested in August instead of spring, making this Matcha very high in catechins, rendering an earthier, slightly more astringent flavour. This makes our Summer Harvest Organic Matcha ideal for blended beverages, such as delicious Matcha lattes or refreshing Matcha smoothies.
Certified organic by JONA (Japan Organic and Natural Foods Association), this premium, organic ceremonial Matcha is the purest and most sustainable way to enjoy the ancient Matcha tradition.
Our DoMatcha Ceremonial Organic Matcha is produced in the Uji Region, in Kyoto, Japan where matcha originated over 800 years ago.
DōMatcha Dusted Dark Chocolate Truffles with Manuka Honey
(makes ~24 truffles)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature, beaten
- 10 ounces 70% cacao bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Manuka honey
- 6 ounces 62% cacao semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 ounces natural cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons DōMatcha
In a large heavy saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil.
Remove saucepan from the heat and quickly whisk in the egg yolk.
Add in the chopped bittersweet chocolate and stir until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
Stir in the Manuka honey.
- Transfer mixture to a glass bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for at least five hours.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a small ice cream scooper to form 24 truffle balls and evenly place on the baking sheet. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt semisweet chocolate in a double boiler. Using a chocolate-dipping fork, or a dinner fork, immerse the ganache balls into the melted chocolate one at a time and completely coat with chocolate. Return to the parchment lined baking sheet and cool until chocolate is almost hard.
- Spread cocoa powder in a thin layer on a flat plate. Roll the chocolate covered ganache balls in the powder until completely coated.
- Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of DōMatcha over the top of each truffle. Store extra truffles in an airtight container ‒ if they last that long!