Why is Fermented L-Glutamine Best?
L-Glutamine powder should be a clean, white colour with no yellow or slightly brown powder. Some cheaper glutamines are sourced from wheat. Wheat is hard to digest and is ONLY 30% glutamine. Some L-Glutamine is sourced from shellfish where there may be measurable amounts of harmful heavy metals.
L-Glutamine comes from a fermentation process of beets. Beets are fermented with probiotic cultures, which means a 100% vegan fermented L-Glutamine. North Coast Naturals Fermented L-Glutamine is absolutely pure glutamine from Ajinomoto the only glutamine manufacturer in the world with a master drug file number for L-Glutamine. North Coast Naturals Fermented Glutamine:
What Is L-Glutamine?
- 100% pure from Natural Sources
- Zero fillers, zero sugar and zero impurities
- No shellfish or other animal products
- Fermented with probiotic culture
- 100% pure pharmaceutical grade L-Glutamine manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan
- Ajinomoto is the only manufacturer in the world with a master drug file number for L-Glutamine
L-Glutamine is an amino acid found in most protein rich foods (milk, cheese, meat, eggs) and all quality protein powders.
Glutamine and l-glutamine can be used interchangeably.What Is It Used For?
Supplementation of 100% pure L-Glutamine powder has been common for over 20 years beginning with use by athletes.
Many studies suggest it helps with recovery, alleviating physical/mental stress, joint pain, and mental fitness. It has also been found to have a significant effect on the body's rate of tissue repair.
Glutamine can help to reduce depression, anxiety, irritability, moodiness, insomnia, and distress due to short bowel syndrome.What does Glutamine do?
- Maintains the health of your intestinal tract
- Helps your body produce glutathione, a key antioxidant nutrient
- Ensures proper acid-base balance in your body
- Helps maintain your muscle mass
- Vastly improves recovery times from injury, surgery and exercise
- Increases resistance to colds - Glutamine is a primary immune system "booster".
- Slows the aging process by increasing "youth hormone" - Youth and Immunity Booster Studies have shown 2 grams of L-Glutamine daily increased growth hormone levels by over 400%.
- Athletes note increased power and endurance.
- Participates in glycogen synthesis
- Provides nitrogen compounds for the manufacture of nucleotides which are used to make DNA and RNA.
- Helps maintain cell volume and hydration
Taking L-Glutamine after workouts or before bedtime, times when muscle tissue typically undergoes repair and recuperation can be particularly effective.