Sisu Melatonin 5 mg
Our daily sleep/wake cycle is regulated by our “circadian rhythm”, the physical, mental and behavioral changes in our body that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in our environment. The pineal gland at the base of the brain releases the sleep hormone, melatonin, when it gets dark, and suppresses production in the daytime. Older people can have problems sleeping because their melatonin levels are low. Studies have shown that a melatonin supplement can help shift-workers sleep better in the daytime. Melatonin is also helpful for travellers whose circadian rhythm is disrupted by jet lag. Melatonin is non-addictive and does not produce the “hangover” effect of many sleep-aid drugs.
- Helps people with low melatonin levels fall asleep more easily, sleep longer and wake up less frequently during the night
- Can be started a few days before you expect your normal schedule to be altered (shift change, travel)
- Reduces the fatigue caused by jet lag
- Research indicates melatonin administered before surgery may help reduce postoperative pain and anxiety
- Other possible uses of melatonin include the reduction of nocturnal hypertension and symptoms of irritable bowel and reflux (GERD)
Directions: Take 1 tablet 1 time daily, dissolve under the tongue, at or before bedtime only, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Take 1 tablet 1 time daily, dissolve under the tongue, at or before bedtime only, or as directed by a health care practitioner.