In 1413, as the bubonic plague decimated France, a group of merchant sailors were arrested for robbing dead and dying plague victims – a crime punishable by burning alive. The judge offered them leniency for their terrible crimes if they would share the secret which enabled them to expose themselves to the plague without contracting it. The sailors explained that they were spice merchants who were unemployed due to the closure of France’s sea ports. They had prepared a special herbal infusion which they applied to their hands, ears, feet, masks, and temples and this protected them from infection. As promised, the judge did not burn the men alive – he hanged them instead. Soon after, plague doctors began to wear beak-like masks stuffed with absorbent material soaked in the sailors’ blend to protect them from disease. The sailors’ original blend, containing vinegar and garlic, was known primarily as Vinaigre de Marseille. This formula was marketed by medical suppliers as the first line of defence for hundreds of years, and has been a staple of pestilent prevention in every plague since its formulation. The rise of the modern pharmacopeia saw this staple placed in the pages of forgotten history. Marseille’s Remedy is the most traditional concentrated form of the original recipe.
Shop Wild Creek Naturals
Marseille's Remedy is an all-natural blend of pure essential oils (volatile plant oils) used to improve wellness, health, and vitality.
It can be blended with carrier oil for topical use, vinegar or soap for cleaning, baking soda for teeth, or used directly in a diffuser to purify air.
- Use as hand sanitizer
- Clears phlegm and congested airways
- Increases immunity to pathogens
- Relieves inflammation due to topical infections
- Can aid in the treatment and prevention of many pestilent ailments
- Eliminates airborne pathogens and foul odours
- Effective fungicide: feet, hands, head and airborne
- Aids in the prevention and elimination of oral fungal infections
- Deters mites, lice, worms and fleas
- Apply to sore tooth to numb pain, and remediate infection
- Can be used in the same manner as Oregano and Tea-Tree oil
Marseille’s Remedy is not a panacea, but its applications and usages are numerous. When used correctly, it is a very effective anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral remedy.
- Instantly clears congested airways
- Relief for bug bits, bruises, sore joints and muscles
- Antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort
- Can aid in the treatment and prevention of topical pestilent ailments
- Use as hand sanitizer. Topical anti-fungal
- All natural and gentle on skin