Natural Supplements to Support a Keto Diet
When embracing the Keto lifestyle, a personal commitment to the low-carb diet and subsequent meal-planning is required. Even though numerous health benefits are scientifically linked to a ketogenic diet, the potential risk of developing a nutrient deficiency is real. Adding natural nutritional supplements to your daily diet intake is a great option to offset those harmful risks.
The following four natural supplements can help Keto diet followers achieve and maintain optimal health.
Greens powders are an excellent source keto-lovers can use to get nutrients, vitamins and minerals without eating high-starch fruits and vegetables. And they can help balance pH levels in the body.
Many of the greens powders available through natural health retailers are also gluten-free, organic, and produced locally in British Columbia.
Keto-Friendly Greens Powders: What to Look For
When looking for a greens powder to complement a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet, be sure to find one that has the following components.
Natural Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is a powerful fuel for everyone. And, it's great to prevent a common inconvenience of ketogenesis, keto-breath. Greens with high chlorophyll content can help combat the formation of substances in the gut that often lead to unpleasant breath, odours and improve overall physical wellness.
Organic Berries. Berries are a terrific source of antioxidants, immune-boosting
components and vitamins. Keep your antioxidant levels high after starting a low-fruit diet with a greens powder fortified with organic berries.
These are 4 Things That Make Enerex Greens Unique:
1. Quality Over Quantity - Many greens products contain up to 50 ingredients, which gives the impression of being superior. When you actually analyze the contents, most of these are added in nutritionally-insignificant amounts. Not only do they not provide much good in those small quantities, they end up reducing the level of the important nutrients that you’ll get in one serving.
2. Enerex grasses are juiced - Green grasses are far more beneficial when they are juiced (and then powdered) rather than drying the whole plant that contains indigestible fibre, since we don't have 4 stomachs to digest grasses like our cow friends. Juices that are gently dried at low temperatures protect vitamins, antioxidants and enzymes, making them much easier for humans to absorb.
3. Get to know the farmer - Enerex knows the 2,800 acres of organic farmland – on a volcanic lakebed in the mountains of Utah. The higher altitude of this farmland and its mineral-rich topsoil contribute to a significantly higher chlorophyll, vitamin, mineral and protein content.
4. Added benefits - Both option of greens contain three important human strain probiotics for both gut and immune health.
The Enerex Greens Family offers raw, whole, superfood concentrates that provide a quick, convenient way to get your daily green vegetable nutrients. Packed with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients and probiotics for daily wellness. The Mixed Berry Greens is suitable for vegans and is slightly sweetened with Monk Fruit without affecting the Glycemic index.
Vitamins & Minerals
Everyone's body needs support to get all the essential vitamins and minerals required for optimal health and wellbeing. When food sources of essential nutrients are no longer available - either through dietary restrictions or a lack of availability, natural vitamin supplements should be taken daily.
For those who adhere to a keto diet, they are more likely to have lower levels of the following vitamins and minerals:
Taking a daily multivitamin supplement will help ease the risk of developing low nutrient levels in the body.
Digestive issues when starting the beginning phases of a keto-diet are common. As the body adapts and adjusts to a change in fuel, uncomfortable symptoms collectively termed "the keto-flu" can develop.
Common digestive signs of keto-flu include:
- Stomach pain
Digestive enzymes can help ease the transition period of starting a keto-based eating plan. Digestive enzyme products geared towards breaking down high-fat foods are ideal for those experiencing digestive discomfort from a keto diet.
Humic and Fulvic Acids
Fatty animal and nut products are a good nutrition source for those on a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet, such as Keto or Atkins diets. However, many of these otherwise healthy products often contain high levels of heavy metals. And consuming foods contaminated with heavy metals, such as mercury or cadmium, can cause an increased risk for developing severe health conditions.
Foods known by Health Canada to potentially be contaminated by heavy metals are:
- Fatty Fish. Fresh tuna, canned albacore tuna, mackerel, swordfish, orange roughy, shark.
- Shellfish. All shellfish contain trace levels of heavy metals. Oysters are known to have high levels of cadmium.
- Nuts. Almonds, walnuts, and peanuts.
Reducing the build-up of heavy metals in the body can be assisted naturally with supplements containing naturally sourced humic and fulvic acids.
Support Your Keto-Diet Naturally
Changing the way you eat isn't always an easy process. It can be challenging for the mind, the body and also be disruptive to your lifestyle. However, once the positive effect of eating right for your body starts to appear, the benefits will be worth the effort. And a great way to support your system through a change in diet is by including naturally sourced, effective supplements.