- Starting at: $ 12.99
Renew Life is North America’s #1 digestive care and cleansing company. Brenda Watson, the founder of Renew Life, believes that optimum health begins with a properly functioning digestive system. Renew Lifes mission is to empower each and every one of their valued customers with the knowledge to improve their overall health through optimum digestive function and superior nutrition.
The term probiotic means “for life” and according to Health Canada, has a definition of “Live microorganisms which when administered in adequate amounts confer a health benefit on the host”. Bacteria are classified according to Species, then Genus, then Strain.
• Lactobacillus acidophilus (HA-122)
• Bifidobacterium bifidum (HA-132)
• The average human body has about ten trillion cells and about ten times that amount of microorganisms in the intestinal tract. (100 trillion).
• It has one of the highest densities of microorganisms on earth.
• There are between 300 and 1000 different species of bacteria that live in the gut but current research is now showing that number to be many thousand different species.
• Bacteria grow naturally in the intestinal tract and aid in the nourishment and defense not only of the digestive tract but of the whole body
• The intestinal bacteria help to manufacture some B vitamins, especially B12 and they produce vitamin K.
• Some bacteria produce enzymes that the body then uses to break down food particles to allow for nutrient absorption.
• Our bacteria are especially helpful in the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates such as starches, fibres, and sugars.
• Bacteria also produce the enzyme lactase that digests the lactose found in dairy products.
• Evidence also suggests that bacteria enhance the absorption and storage of lipids and absorption of calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Approximately 70% of the immune system is situated along the intestinal tract as GALT (gut-associated lymphoid tissue); a crucial component of the immune system. A relationship between the intestinal microbiota and host immunity has been widely investigated playing an important role in maintaining host immunity through activation of the immune response during periods of stress, for example against pathogenic threats. Dysbiosis of the endogenous microbiota can lead to compromised immune responses and contribute to the manifestation of diabetes and other autoimmune diseases.
• A proper amount of our beneficial bacteria will work by competing for nutrition and attachment sites to the epithelium of the intestines.
• Harmful bacteria will then have too much competition in order for them to adhere and thrive.
• Indigenous gut bacteria also produce bacteriocins which are toxins that inhibit the growth of and kill harmful microbes.
• Beneficial bacteria have the ability to inhibit chemical pathways responsible for the inflammatory process in our body.
• They are extremely useful in the control of inflammation, which leads to many diseases.
For more information about Renew Life and the effects, probiotics can have on your body check out this information guide.