Mother's Day is celebrated to give thanks to the Moms in our lives. It is a day celebrated around the world to show appreciation for what Mothers do for their families and for society. Our Moms are the backbone of the family unit and are often the people who keep everyone in the family together. From helping us learn to walk, to making school lunches, keeping the peace at home, to cheering us on through every new endeavor, Mom is always there. It is no wonder we have created a day to celebrate her! This Mother's Day, instead of getting her a gift card, why not show her some love by making her something she can use and enjoy every day.
Here are two of our favorite DIY gifts that you can make in less than 5 minutes!
#1. Homemade Lavender Bath Salts
Pour 2 cups of Epsom salt into a bowl. You can certainly use more or less depending on the size of your container. Add 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil Stir Well Transfer salt into a mason jar *Optional - add 3 tbsp dried lavender Screw the lid on tight and add a label with twine and a small piece of paper
#2. Homemade Sweet Orange Body Butter
Ingredients 1/2 cup shea butter 1/4 cup coconut oil 1/4 cup almond oil 10-15 drops orange essential oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a double boiler or small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until everything is melted.
- Pour into another bowl and let cool for a good hour (in the fridge if you're in a hurry), or until the oils are just starting to solidify (this is important - you won't be able to whip it up if they're still too liquid).
- When the oil mixture is starting to solidify around the edges, start beating with a hand mixer. Continue for a few more minutes, or until it looks kinda like whipped cream, forming stiff peaks.
- Transfer to a jar or other storage. Will keep for up to 6 months.
We are positive that your Mom will love any of these DIY gifts, mostly because, it was made with love, by you. If you would like to make your mom a spa gift-basket to help her relax more, check out these great finds: Spa Basket Ideas. Of course, more important than the gift you give your mom is the time you spend with her. We hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Xo the Vitasave Team.
Written By: Janette Mason, CNP